Hello everyone! Today’s post is about The Sunshine Blogger Award for which I was nominated by two lovely bloggers.Thank you so much Lois and David and Ryann for nominating me for this. Please do check out their blogs, they have amazing stuff!
- Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
LOIS AND DAVID’S QUESTIONS
1.When did you start blogging and why?
I started blogging about 5 weeks ago, 25th January 2017 to be exact. It started out as just creating an ID to check out blogs that a couple of my friends had written, but in under a day I realized that blogging really appeals to me and hence it began! I decided to keep it anonymous (a decision that I barely upheld for a month) so I could write freely without fear of wondering what my friends and family would think. They’ve been pretty supportive since they’ve found out though.
2. What is your favorite TV show, why and would you recommend it to others?
This is an incredibly tough question, so after a great deal of thinking I’ve narrowed it down to 2 –
- DOCTOR WHO – Doctor Who is the most interesting, fun, captivating and amazing show that I have ever seen. Each and every character captures my imagination and I love the time travel element.
- SHERLOCK – Despite the fact that there are barely any episodes to watch, Sherlock is marvelous for all the right reasons. It has you thinking, laughing, crying and wondering all the same time. Plus, it has Benedict Cumberbatch – what more can one ask for?
3. How do you manage time to run your blog efficiently?
Well I decided to post on alternate days so that there isn’t too much of a burden on me to post constantly, and at the same time I don’t get too lazy and procrastinate. I also try and write down everything that comes to my mind as soon as I think of it and then schedule it for posting on the required date.
4. What is your proudest achievement?
If I had to answer, it’d probably be my marks in Class 10. Or the fact that I learned how to solve the Rubik’s cube in under 5 minutes when I was 12.
5. Who are some of your favorite bloggers and why?
As a new blogger it’s been quite a challenge for me to put my thoughts out there but each and every one of you had been so very supportive. Lois and David@LoisReadsBooks were one of the first few to notice my blog and for that I’m ever grateful. Their posts are amazing too. Ryann@RyanntheReader and Mandy@BookPrincessReviews are pretty awesome too and I do enjoy reading posts from Tiana@TheBookRaven
6. What do you do when you aren’t blogging or reading?
I enjoy following plenty of TV series but above all I love spending time with my family. This isn’t just something I say by force of habit or compulsion – I genuinely do enjoy their company. My mother is my confidante and I spend several hours a day talking to her. My brother and I fight sometimes but at the end of the day I can always count on him to make my life fun and interesting. Every time I go to meet them in my holidays, my dad indulges my every whim. In many ways, I’m a super pampered brat.
7. Where do you hope to see yourself 5 years from now?
My life has been unpredictable from the start and my family and I realised quite long ago that nothing has ever gone according to what we planned. However, things have anyways turned out for the best and I hope 5 years from now they continue to do so.
8. What is your favorite food and why?
Food in itself is my favorite
9. If you could ask any author three questions, who would the author be and what questions would you ask?
Can I only ask one author all three questions? Or can I divide it among three authors? Hmm let’s see – I’d probably ask Cristin Terrill (All Our Yesterdays) to explain the ending of the book because there were certain aspects that I didn’t understand (no spoilers). Other than that I’d probably want to know about her creative inspiration and how she was encouraged to pursue writing.
10. How often do you buy books?
Sadly not as often as I’d like 😥 . In fact I think the only book I’ve bought in the past 2 years is Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare, but that’s just because I’ve had a lot of studying to do. I intend to go on a book buying spree very soon. I do have thousands of ebooks though, and a Kindle.
11. What are 5 things you never leave the house without?
- My phone
- My keys
- Earphones because I’m always listening to music
Not very interesting or glamorous I know.
1. Here’s the thing: I, too, am a sucker for cute pet pictures, so if you have pets and you have pics, I’d love to see them!
Really wish I had a pet but no such luck. I’ve always wanted a pug though.
2.If you could own any animal, real or fictional, what would it be and why?
Phoenix. I don’t suppose I need to describe the why here -they’re just awesome.
3. Which books top your “faves” list?
I think I’ve mentioned it 7000 million times in my previous posts and you must be sick of me saying this constantly –The Martian by Andy Weir. I recently did a reviewon the book, do check it out!
4. If you could live in any fictional universe, which would you choose and why?
I’d probably choose J K Rowling’s Universe i.e. Harry Potter universe. This is mostly because I could Apparate and meet my family every day!
5. Because it’s just about dinner time while I’m writing this, what is your favourite food? Or your least favourite?
Well I already answered that first part above, but my least favourite food would have to be beetroot. I don’t even like looking at it, the colour reminds me of slime for some weird reason.
6. A Genie appears and offers you three, and only three, wishes! What do you wish for and why?
- Teleportation so I can be where I want when I want.
- The ability to conjure any book I want out of thin air.
- The ability to manipulate time so I can manage my day better i.e. Sleep even more!
7. Have you ever read a book/series so good that you almost wanted to cry when it was over? What book/series was it?
Papertowns by John Green. I never ever wanted that book to end because it was just so beautiful! Even though there wasn’t really much to do with the story after it got over, I wish it would go on.
8. If you got to choose your own name, would you keep the one you have now or change it to something else?
I’d probably keep my name. When I was a kid it used to annoy me that no one could ever spell my name correctly but I always loved it otherwise. Even my nickname i.e. Vikki is pretty awesome.
9. What’s your idea of the perfect vacation or day off?
I’d like to be with my family, sitting by the sea during sunset with a tall glass of cold coffee and a plate of fries by my side, a good book in hand and taking plenty of photos with them (my family, not the food).
10. If you could do any job in the world, what would it be and why?
If I could do any job, I’d like to be an author. While I still can’t say if I’d be a successful one since I haven’t had any groundbreaking ideas, I’d like to lead a life like Richard Castle’s (from the show Castle)
11. If everyone you meet from now on could instantly know one thing about you, what would you want them to know?
I’d want them to know that I usually come across as extremely awkward in first impressions and that I usually improve over time so they should try and be patient with me.
And that’s all for today! I would love to nominate someone for this but everyone I know has already been nominated so sorry. All of you are awesome though!
Also apologies for any typos and errors in this post. I’m using my phone to post for the first time since my laptop stopped working (*gasp*) and my autocorrect seems to be trying to take revenge for some part crime.
Thanks again Lois and David, and Ryann for the nomination! I really did enjoy answering all your wonderful questions!