Title – Top Ten Clues You’re Clueless
Author – Liz Czukas
Publisher – Harper Teen
Genre – Young Adult
My Rating – 2/5
Top Five Things That Are Ruining Chloe’s Day
5) Working the 6:30 a.m. shift at GoodFoods Market
4) Crashing a cart into a customer’s car right in front of her snarky coworker Sammi
3) Trying to rock the “drowned rat” look after being caught in a snowstorm
2) Making zero progress with her crush, Tyson (see #3)
1) Being accused—along with her fellow teenage employees—of stealing upwards of $10,000
Chloe would rather be anywhere than locked in work jail (aka the break room) with five of her coworkers . . . even if one of them is Tyson. But if they can band together to clear their names, what looks like a total disaster might just make Chloe’s list of Top Ten Best Moments.
I read Top Ten Clues You’re Clueless on a whim because recently I’ve been in a reading slump and I just wanted to read something light-hearted. While I know that I have given it a pretty low rating, the book was actually pleasant. This book is the kind where you don’t really need to apply your brain to it. Just skimming through the pages over lunch or coffee is quite nice.
The protagonist of the book Chloe Novak is relatable purely because of the lovable nerdiness. She personifies everything I think and feel when I talk to new people. Chloe has a habit of making lists for every situation in her life and her lists are pretty entertaining. What made me like the book even more was the Doctor Who reference in the book.
While the book isn’t a great read, it is fun to just skim through it when you’re bored. The book doesn’t really have any story line as such but it is the kind of book that has a “feel good” factor.