Hi everyone! I’m so excited to present my very first Guest Post! That’s right – I’ve been thinking about doing one for a long time and I approached Silas@TheKayasthaJournal and I’m so happy that he immediately agreed to it!
Over the last week, we have been interviewing each other over email and decided to produce separate guest posts in collaboration. You can see the his post here, where I have given my own interview. So here’s presenting my interview with Silas:
1. Can you tell the readers a little about yourself?
Hey everyone I’m Silas and I’m the author of the blog ThaKayasthaJournal (Diary of a Weird Teen Boy). I just turned 18 and decided to start a blog of my own. My blog basically revolves around what a boy might write in his diary. It has the pics I click, reviews of shows I watch, travel logs, and other random posts.
Recently I’ve started doing the Daily Post thing and I’m really enjoying it.
2. What motivated you to start blogging?
Well initially I had to create a blog as part of a college assignment. While doing the blog I started liking the stuff and so I decided that once I’m done with my current semester I shall start a blog of my own. Also my best friend had started her blog and it was growing fast so I also decided to start mine.
3. You’ve mentioned that you’re a fashion designing student, and I must say I find that fascinating! What inspired you to pick this career path and where do you want it to lead?
It’s gonna sound a little philosophical but I wanted to do something different. Everyone around me was so caught up in the web of medical and engineering, I didn’t wanna be a part of it. Also I had a good hand at sketching and creating imagination so I decided to do fashion designing.
As a fashion designer I want my fashion label at every leading store. Also I wish to bring in designer collection in men’s wear because I see every leading store like HnM, Zara, Splash, Fuel, etc have tons of women’s wear but the same old menswear.
4. As an aspiring fashion designer, how would you describe your personal style and is there a person who is a fashion inspiration to you?
It’s really hard to describe my personal style. I guess I’d say Formal-Sporty is my style. I have a very specific taste when it comes to clothing, there’s a lot of stuff I hate so I guess I should only mention the ones I like, which are, good quality well designed shirts, ripped/slim fit jeans. That’s it. Honestly I dress according to the occasion, even if there isn’t one. Lol.
Talking about my fashion inspiration, no one. I just follow the trend. Often try to create my own too.
5. You’ve also mentioned multiple times that you’re not a reader, but since my blog is centrally located around books I must ask – Have you ever read any book that you liked and is there any book you would love to read in the near future?
Ah yes there’s one book I’ve read and that’s The Secret by Rhonda Byrne. It’s really amazing.
That’s it. Nothing else and none that I would want to read, as of now. Wait there is one. The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving. I have it but I haven’t started. Reading is just very time taking and requires patience which I don’t have.
6. If you could make your favorite character from any TV series real for one day, who would it be and what would be the itinerary for the day?
That’s a tough question. There are so many I would want in real life. Since it’s only one day so it has to be memorable, so I guess it’ll be Phil Dunphy.
In the morning we will go to an Australian restaurant and pretend we’re Australians and fake the accent. Then we’ll go to a mall and try on different clothing and give each other themes and see who wins. In the evening we’ll go for trampolining.
7. Do you have any pets? If not, which animal would you love to have as a pet? If yes, could we see some pics?
Ah hell yes I have pets. Not 1, 2 or 3 but 7. All 7 are dogs. 1 is my pet Labrador named noddy. Other 6 are stray dogs whom I have given shelter in front of my house. 4 of them are puppies as of now.
Sure you can see the pics. (Vikki: Oh my Noddy is adorable!)
8. In case of a Zombie Apocalypse, who are the 3 people unrelated to you that you would want on your squad? Keep in mind that you need not know this person personally.
So in a Zombie Apocalypse the three people I would want are Damon Salvatore from TVD, Freya Michelson from The Originals and Malachai Parker from TVD (but he’s evil so I wonder whose side will he be)
9. You have an entire day to yourself with no monetary restrictions and nobody to disturb you. What do you do all day?
I’m gonna travel to Miami and just spend the entire day on the beach with some tropical mocktails and Netflix and my swimsuit.
10. You’re stranded on an island alone with an MP3 player containing 10 songs. What would you want those 10 songs to be?
Ahh! Toughest question yet. Ok so I guess
1. Hold On by Chord Overstreet
2. The Feeling by JB and Halsey
3. Closer by Chainsmokers
4. The Mash-up of Something Just like this by Channa Mereya by Vidya Vox
5. Bollywood Mash-up by Shirley Setia
6. Flashlight by Jessie J
7. Sober by Selena Gomez
8. Incredible by Celine Dion
9. Rockabye by Anne Marie
10. What do you Mean by JB
And that’s all for today! Thanks again Silas for helping me out with this and all the lovely answers!
Hope you have a great day 🙂