Hi everyone and welcome to another Award post! This time it is the Liebster Award, for which I was nominated by the lovely Lois and David@LoisReadsBooks. Thank you so much for the nomination! Please do check out their lovely blog for all things book. Here we go –
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions they gave you.
- Nominate 11 blogs.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
1. What are 5 things that you cannot leave the house without?
I never really give it much thought but I suppose the answer would be:
2. What is one skill or talent that you would like to learn, no matter the difficulty?
This is actually sightly embarrassing but I still haven’t learned cycling. I tried a couple of times but I’m absolutely terrible at it. So no matter the difficulty, I would like to learn cycling soon, and if not, I’d definitely like to learn how to drive. I wouldn’t want to be dependent on anyone for transportation which is why I’m heavily dependent on public transport right now.
3. What is your favorite film, how long has it been your favorite film and why?
My favorite film is How to Train Your Dragon. It has been my favorite since the 8th grade, so about 6 years I guess, and I can’t quite pinpoint why I love it so much. It just seems so magical and other-worldy and I do love Toothless.
4. Are you a fan of amusement parks, if so which one is your favorite? If not, why don’t you like them?
I’m not a big fan of amusement parks somehow, because I’m afraid of heights. However, I do love Ferrari World Abu Dhabu, like I mentioned in my previous post, because they’ve played out the theme quite nicely.
5. Are you a dog person, a cat person, or neither? Also, if you have pets what are they?
I’m a dog person. I absolutely adore dogs. ❤ However, my mums kind of afraid of them so we’ve never been able to have one or any other pet. I would love to have one later in life though.
6. What are your 3 top tips to get out of a reading slump?
As a person currently in a reading slump myself, here’s what I’ve got –
- Don’t stress it. You’ll read when you want to read because no slump can stand between a Book Lover and her Books.
- Reread your old favorites. I find that that often helps a lot
- Try switching genres. Often when we read the same kinds of books over and over again, our heads might feel like they’re going to explode. So try exploring something new.
7. Are you a sweet or a savory flavored person?
I think it depends a lot on my mood. Lately I’ve noticed I favor savory but I used to be an extremely sweet-toothed kid.
8. If you could recommend any book to me what would it be and why?
I don’t think there is any one particular book because I have seen so very many on your blog. I think you did mention that you’ve had The Book Thief by Markus Zusak on your TBR for a while so I think I would recommend that.
9. Do you know your heritage, if so, what is it?
I was born and brought up in India. Both my parents are from South India, but due to the transferable nature of my dad’s job, I’ve been all over the country so I haven’t learned that much about my heritage. Summer visits to my grandparents house were always pretty educational in that area though.
10. You discover that your wonderful one year old child is because of a mix up at the hospital and is not yours. Would you want to exchange the child to correct the mistake?
I don’t know. I don’t think I can quite relate to that situation just yet. I’d liked to believe that I’d be sold enough to the child I have brought up to not give him/her up at the drop of a hat. However, if conditions permit or it my biological child is in an unfavorable environment, I’d love to take her/him in too.
11. What is your biggest fear?
Lizards and Heights. Believe me, if there is a lizard anywhere near me I will run out of that rooms screaming like a madwoman which sucks for me because I live in a hostel. Heights are a problem too, to the point where even if I’m on the third floor of a mall, I get extreme vertigo.
Well that was extremely fun, and such great questions to answer! Thanks again for the nomination Lois and David.
As for nominations, it seems that every blog I know has already been nominated for this so I’m going to take the easy way out and leave out nominations. However, if you liked this post and would like to do it too, just ping me and I’ll be sure to tag you right in.
Thanks a lot and have a great day 🙂